AO Manchester Arena: Genesis
- AO Arena Manchester
- Friday 24 September 2021 to Saturday 25 September 2021
- Impacted area(s)
Manchester city centre
Legendary supergroup Genesis have rescheduled 'The Last Domino?' tour dates at Manchester's AO Arena on Friday 24 and Saturday 25 September.
The event will get underway from 7.30pm (doors open 6pm).
If you're travelling to the concert on either day please consider our advice:
- Expect the roads around the venue and public transport to be busy from 5pm onwards. If you have to drive to the concert, allow additional time for your journey.
- Consider using one of our park and ride sites located across Greater Manchester and catch the tram to the arena.
- We are encouraging everyone who is within 25 minutes of the arena to make their journey to the concert on foot.
Saturday 25 September
If you're attending the Saturday show please remember to allow a little extra time for your journey as there are also two other events taking place on the day which could impact your joruney:
Industrial action on Metrolink has been announced for Saturday 25 September. Further information on this and the travel options available will be added to the page in due course. Please check back later in the week for more information.
Metrolink (Friday 24 September)
Victoria Metrolink stop is located right next to the Arena, with trams from Rochdale, Bury, Altrincham, East Didsbury and the Airport running directly to the stop.
Metrolink services will continue to run after the event has finished but will be busier than normal from 11pm as event goers leave the venue.
If you’re travelling from further afield, then why not drop your car at one of several free park and ride sites:
- Travelling from the west of Manchester, use Ladywell, 250 spaces (Pilgrims Way, Salford, M50 1AW): 25-minute journey to the City Centre
- Travelling from the south of Manchester, use Hollinwood, 202 spaces (Hudson Street, Failsworth, OL9 7LG): 20-minute journey time to the city centre.
- Travelling from the east of Manchester, use Ashton Moss, 200 spaces (Alexandria Drive, Ashton, OL6 7UB): 30-minute journey time to the city centre.
- Travelling from the north of Manchester, use Radcliffe, 347 spaces (Crook Street, Radcliffe, M26 2SU): 25-minute journey time to the city centre.
Customers should use contactless for payments, it's a quick and easy way to pay. Just remember to touch-in and touch-out!
Because of its city centre location, the Arena is well served by bus.
Shudehill bus station is only a five-minute walk and Piccadilly bus station 10 minutes away.
Manchester's free city centre free bus service also links Victoria station with other areas of the centre, including Piccadilly station.
Journeys may take longer than usual due to traffic and roadworks in the local area.
You can find out what bus service suits you on our bus timetable page.
If you are considering catching a bus, follow the bus operators on Twitter for the latest service updates:
Many national and local trains stop at Manchester Victoria station, right underneath the Arena.
You can leave the car at home and hop on the train for all events – quick, convenient and easy.
Please remember to plan your journey in advance of the date by checking on the National Rail Website.
In addition, you can keep up to date with the latest rail information by following them on twitter at @NationalRailEnq.
Public transport is the best option for you travelling to the AO Arenea before the event.
The Arena is in the heart of the city centre, next to the Inner Ring Road. At peak times, the roads surrounding the venue are very busy with commuters and delays to journeys are common.
It is expected that local roads around the arena will be busier throughout the day due to other events taking place. If you have to drive, please consider allowing extra time for your journey and avoiding driving between 5pm to 7pm and from 11pm to 12pm.
After the concert, Trinity Way will be closed southbound between Great Ducie Street and Cheetham Hill Road for up to one hour.
This is to allow concert-goers to safely exit the venue. If you’re parking at the official Arena car park, you will still be allowed to exit during this closure, but you will have to turn right and follow local diversions.
If you are considering driving to the event, please remember to allow plenty of time before you travel in order to not miss any of the event.
There are a number of park and ride site options availble to you across Greater Manchester.