Manchester United v Reading
- Old Trafford
- Saturday 28 January 2023 from 8:00pm to 10:00pm
- Impacted area(s)
Manchester city centre, Trafford, Stretford, Salford
Manchester United face Reading at 8pm on Saturday 28 January.
- A six-minute service will operate on the Altrincham line pre-match.
- If travelling from the city, there is a service approximately every three minutes towards the stadium (for this fixture). For more information, please see our tram schedule webpage.
- Beat the queue at the ticket machines and pay via contactless.
- To allow for the safe queueing and management of fans at Metrolink stops post-match, we are asking Altrincham-bound customers to use Old Trafford, and East Didsbury and Airport customers to use Trafford Bar. Take a look at our map of both stops for more info.
There are a number of stops within easy walking distance of the ground:
Some Trafford Park line services will now terminate at Deansgate-Castlefield, with Wharfside being the nearest stop on that line to the ground. Search for your Trafford Park line stop on our live updates page for more information.
Park for free at Parkway park and ride and board the tram to Wharfside - which is only a five-minute walk to the stadium. There are also several other park and ride sites available - visit our park and ride webpage for more information.
Beat the queue at the machines and touch-in and out at the on-stop machines using contactless Save money and travel with the family using our family travelcard. Remember, this is only available on the on-stop ticket machines. The stadium and all Metrolink stops close to it are in Zone 2.
Check out the map with the nearest stops here.
Journey times could also be impacted due to the increased levels of traffic, so be sure to plan ahead and allow extra time for your travel.
Services are operating to a normal timetable but for more information consider following @StagecoachGM on twitter.
The ground is also only a short Metrolink ride (20 minutes) from Piccadilly Station in the city centre.
- From Manchester Piccadilly rail station: Please board an Altrincham tram and get off Old Trafford.
- From Victoria: Please board an Altrincham tram and get off Old Trafford.
- From Oxford Road: Please board an Altrincham tram from Deansgate-Castlefield to Old Trafford.
For tram services, just take the stairs down from the main concourse area at Piccadilly Station.
Please remember to plan your journey in advance of the date by checking on the National Rail Website.
Old Trafford is easily accessible on foot from local areas - take a look at a walking map of the area to find the right route for you.
If you are within a 30-minute walk of the ground, make a journey to Old Trafford on foot!
Another quick and easy way to get to Old Trafford is cycling. Covered cycle parking is available at Trafford Town Hall, near the corner of Talbot Road and Warwick Road.
Explore your neighbourhood and make walking and cycling part of your matchday routine.
Congestion on the roads close to Old Trafford will start to build from around 6pm as fans start to make their way to the ground.
- If you are travelling from the west side of Manchester, plan an additional 20 minutes into any journey by road.
- If you are travelling from the east side of Manchester, along the Mancunian Way, expect an additional 15 minutes to your journey.
- If you are travelling from the south of Manchester via M60 Junction 7, expect an additional 30 minutes added to your journey along the A56 Chester Road. The quickest route to the official car parks is via Parkway and Wharfside Way (M60 Junction 9).
At the end of the game, there will be road closures in place for supporter safety. Expect delays of up to 50 minutes if travelling in and around Old Trafford.
Please note that there are planned works around Manchester that may impact your journey by road. For more information, please visit our handy map of works in January.
Match day car parking
Official parking is available at Old Trafford and can be booked online via the Manchester United website.
Please ensure that you are parking responsibly on match days, so that other road users and local residents can also use the highways in and around the ground.
More information about match day parking is available on the Manchester United website.