Update: Tuesday 11 May
From Monday 26 April, Huddersfield Road, through Diggle Village, will be closed to northbound traffic between the Standedge Road junction and Ward Lane.
This will affect traffic and bus services in the area.
- From Monday 26 April for up to six months
- Huddersfield Road
The closure will affect the following bus services:
- 184 (towards Huddersfield) – will be diverted via Standedge Road, omitting Diggle Village.
- 184 (towards Oldham) – service will continue as normal through Diggle Village
- 356 (towards Ashton) – will be unable to serve Diggle Village (Huddersfield Road, Sunfield Lane, Dorset Avenue)
- 356 (towards Oldham) - will be unable to serve Diggle Village (Huddersfield Road, Sunfield Lane, Dorset Avenue)
A free shuttle bus, run by Nexus Moves, will be in operation during this time.
It will maintain links from Uppermill to Diggle, and from Sunfield Lane and Dorset Drive to Uppermill. The buses used will be large minibuses with reduced seat availability to aid social distancing.
Passengers who would normally use service 184 to travel from Diggle to Uppermill and Oldham should continue to do so as normal during the closure.
The shuttle bus, which is timed to offer connections with services 184 and 356, will operate as follows: