Updated 29 September
On 23 August, the resurfacing works commenced along Trafford Road from The Quays to the M602 Roundabout. Due to unforeseen circumstances, this work will now be extended into November 2022.
This will result in road closures at night (from 7pm) between the M602 roundabout and the White City roundabout.
Road users should plan before every journey - particularly on matchdays at Old Trafford and Emirates Old Trafford. On Old Trafford matchdays, road users can expect to add an extra 25 minutes to their journey if they are travelling via Trafford Road. It is advised that road users also follow-on street diversion signage. The work will be completed in stages so there will be no continuous road closures.
This page will continue to be updated. Please check back for the latest information.
- From Tuesday 23 August
- Trafford Road
- Trafford Road bridge
- The Quays
- M602 roundabout
- Merchants Quay
- Exchange Quay
Timetable of works
Southbound closures (towards Trafford)
Closures between 7pm – 6.30am
- Southbound carriageway – closure from M602 Roundabout to White City Roundabout, closed from Monday 3 October to Saturday 15 October (ten nights - no weekend working).
Closure at The Quays
Closures between 7pm – 6.30am *Please note road closures between Monday 3 to Friday 7 October will be from 7.30pm - 6.30am
- The Quays junction – Localised road closure at Phoebe Street, closed from Wednesday 28 September to Thursday 29 September (one night).
- The Quays junction – Road closure from Merchants Quay to the M602, closed from Wednesday 28 September to Thursday 29 September (one night).
Southbound diversions for traffic heading towards Trafford
- The southern side of Trafford Road will be closed.
- Traffic leaving the M602 travelling towards White City, Merchants Quay, Clippers Quay or Exchange Quay will be diverted on a route which starts at the M602 Roundabout heading onto Regent Road.
- Traffic leaving M602 travelling towards Media City and The Quays will be diverted, starting at the M602 Roundabout heading onto Eccles New Road.
- Trafford Road will be closed at the junction with Phoebe Street.
Northbound diversions for traffic heading towards M602 Roundabout
- The northern side of Trafford Road will be closed.
- Traffic travelling north when leaving White City will be diverted, starting at White City Roundabout. Traffic leaving Merchants Quay, Clippers Quay or Exchange Quay will be sent down the southern side of Trafford Road to join the main diversion at White City Roundabout.
- Traffic travelling north when leaving Media City or The Quays will be diverted, starting at Merchants Quay.